Saturday, January 30, 2010

Journal Excerpt

I have lost an alarming amount of weight. I am possibly skinnier than I was before becoming pregnant. This is what happens when you only eat granola bars on the go while pumping five times a day. Sometimes if I only have a five-minute break between cases I’ll think, well, better she eats than me, and go pump instead of eat lunch. D points out that if I do this long enough, I won’t have much to pump out.

Everyone is trying to fatten me up like a turkey. My mom comes over to cook all kinds of soups. She makes me eat things that are supposed to increase my milk supply: fish head soup, papaya, pig’s feet. My sister, who is becoming a gourmet chef, bakes pork and quiche. My best friend, another gourmet chef, brings me croissants it took her three days to make from scratch. D stocks the house with all kinds of fattening things, like cheesecake and chocolates. I merely have to hint at possibly wanting to eat something before he’s out to the door to the grocery store. This is how they love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment