Friday, January 10, 2014

Letter To The Little One

Dear Buh-Bee,

I’m not supposed to write you a letter because you haven’t had a birthday yet. But I simply must tell you that you are doing a great job growing a neck these days. Your head bobbles around now in a fantastic fashion not unlike those toys on car dashboards, right there amid the three chins you are nursing to life. Your eyes look like black round buttons tracking everything within a three-foot radius, and when my or Daddy’s face appears, you split into a grin so wide you can barely see past all the pushed-up cheek fat. When your older sister or brother’s face appears, you don’t always grin, probably because you know something really loud or sudden is coming. I would describe your expression in those cases as stoic.

Daddy is completely over the moon about you. I think it is mostly because he doesn’t take the night shifts, but regardless, he wakes up every morning missing you and keeps saying you are the perfect baby. You are pretty nice. I guess we’ll keep you.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment