Saturday, October 30, 2010

Strange Little Person

When she’s done eating, she’ll start sneaking bits of food down under her butt in the high chair, presumably for storage, as sometimes I’ve caught her fishing it back out to eat later. Usually we don’t find out until we lift her out and discover a big pile of mushed-up food in the chair. Or see her crawling around later with a big stain on her bottom.

She’s become quite attached to her toothbrush. And to think I was actually worried she wouldn’t want to brush her teeth. She brushes about ten times a night, which I’m sure our dentist would be very proud of. She’ll bring the toothbrush back with her to her room and periodically remove her pacifier so she can brush a few more times. She generously insists on brushing my teeth for me in between.

She has this sense of internal rhythm that causes her to dance involuntarily, to anything that remotely resembles a beat: a tune I’m humming, a distant radio song. She sways from side to side and if standing wriggles her butt back and forth. When she really gets into it she’ll start head-banging. She definitely did not learn this from me.

Sometimes I look at her and I wonder: what planet did she come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment