Thursday, February 4, 2016

Journal Excerpt

It’s late, but I do want to say that I feel thankful for the kids. That in itself is a work of God: that I look at my days and feel that. Well, maybe it’s also getting sleep at night.

Don’t have much time to write, but here is what I’m thankful for from today: Elijah singing loudly at the top of his lungs (“TRUCK AND OBEY / FOR DERE’S NO UDDER WAAAY…”). The kids racing around the hall butt-naked before getting a bath. Ellie obligingly doing all the errands I regularly send her on (closing all the blinds, getting me a wipe, clearing the table). Elijah’s squeals of laughter when he sees the others laughing, even though he doesn’t really know what’s going on and just wants to tag along. Esme’s red, plump cheeks right after waking up from a nap. Eric asking sweetly, “Mommy, can you hold me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment