Tuesday, February 9, 2010


She is alarmingly flexible. She has discovered her toes and with them she scratches her forehead. She sucks on her toes and pulls off her socks. Sometimes I carry her against me folded in half, legs up to her face, which she apparently finds a perfectly natural position. I suppose she has spent more time folded in half than lying straight, considering she is still less than nine months old.

When she tries to sit up, she topples forward and folds in half again. I remember the stretches I had to do in gym class, painfully measuring how many inches past my feet I could reach, and I tell her, you’d cream that test easy. Not so sure about the pull-ups, but no problem with the stretches. Maybe you’ll be a dancer one day. Or an escape artist, or spelunker, or gymnast. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment