Monday, February 8, 2010

Journal Excerpt

Her hair is growing longer in its soft, insinuous way, like ivy along a brick wall or lichen on a log. It’s starting to curl now on her neck. She looks like she’s growing a little mullet. I am looking forward to one day styling her hair. That was one of the reasons I wanted a girl.

Thank goodness she is anything but a picky eater. She rapidly swallows whatever we decide to shovel in her waiting open mouth. This is the time to feed her lots of nastily nutritious stuff, I’m thinking. Pureed broccoli, coming right up.

She still cracks me up when she poops. She gets quite intense and grunts while turning five shades of red. She poops about five times a day and all her poops smell like what she last ate. I don’t think I’ll be able to look at papayas quite the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment