Saturday, December 12, 2009

Journal Excerpt

I think she has recently discovered that I am attached to my breasts. She will stop in the middle of a perfectly good feed, pop off, arch her head back and gaze at me in wonder as my milk keeps leaking everywhere. If I smile at her she grins back and starts to try to talk, modulated coos that sound like a baby whale. Maybe a baby whale in pain. Eeeeeiiiii… ahhhhhh…. I continue my Operation Brainwash E’s First Word, repeating to her slowly, maaa-maaa…

I try to get her latched back on, but her hunger is forgotten in the wonderment of realizing I’m actually there every time she feeds. She cannot tear her gaze from my face. Sometimes she starts to loll things around with her tongue lazily. Quit playing with your food and eat, I tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment