Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brother

People keep asking for footage of E interacting with her brother. For some reason my good camera is never within reach during these moments, but let me tell you, the cuteness wattage is out the window. Watching the two of them would make a calendar of baby puppies look repulsive.

E likes to pet his head. She rocks his chair, piles blankets on top of him. She kisses his face repeatedly. She pats his back to help burp him, nuzzles her cheek up against his hair, rests her head on his chest and just gazes at him for minutes. She sometimes asks to hold him, which she does with assistance. She keeps trying to share her food with him even though we tell her he has no teeth and can’t eat it. She even insists he hold her prized gummy bear vitamins for her (I stuff them into his little fist). She wants to see him before going to bed and asks about him first thing in the morning.

She is always gentle and enthusiastic with him, despite the fact that it must be obvious that the reason I can’t be with her is because I’m always with him. She has actually adjusted amazingly well, maybe because D and my parents marinate her with lots of love when I can’t.

Until I pull my photography-self together, here's a picture taken with my camera phone:

1 comment: