Sunday, June 27, 2010

Journal Excerpt

She is becoming more of a preferential eater. She is not subtle about this. If she doesn’t like something I’ve put into her mouth, she’ll reach her fingers in and pick it out, leaving it anywhere else: the floor, her clothes, even smearing it up in her hair. It rarely ends up on her actual bib. If she likes something, she’ll grip the edges of the high chair tray tightly while opening her mouth and screaming at the top of her lungs for more. Then she’ll stuff pieces in her mouth before she has time to swallow the previous one, cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk.

She doesn’t like liver or broccoli. She likes blueberries and grapes. I can’t say I really blame her.

2 comments:

  1. how do you decide what to feed her? (more specifically...why liver??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feed her pretty much anything and everything- try to hit most food groups and avoid seasoning and artificial stuff while I can- and liver because I looove chicken liver.. mm mm..

    ReplyDelete