Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Journal Excerpt

Last night I had just finished feeding her and putting her down to sleep at 3:30 A.M., just finished getting settled back in my warm blankets next to D when she started crying again, around 4 A.M. I thought all sorts of grumpy, loathsome thoughts during the walk over to the nursery. The little booger. I turned on the light and saw that she was awake. As soon as I leaned over the crib, she waved her arms wildly and broke out into the biggest grin I have ever seen; I think if she could have laughed she would have. I thought, okay, fine. I’ll pick you up.

She has definitely begun to smile real smiles, not just gas-smiles. For some weeks now she also liked to smile while her mouth is full of nipple, but that didn’t seem to count either. Now she sees us and smiles, or smiles when we smile and laugh at her, real smiles that go to her eyes. It’s quite amazing.


She has little elvish sideburns, long and soft and pointy. She is like a baby Arwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment