Friday, September 7, 2012

Journal Excerpt


I’ve noticed one very endearing thing about her: she likes what I like. She loves Legos, probably because I like personally like Legos. When we were living with my parents while house-hunting, and it was too hot or I was too tired from being pregnant to go out, we would build things with Legos all morning. She got a huge dollhouse for her birthday, which I may be more excited about than she is; my new hobby is hunting online for cheap deals for dollhouse furniture. She plays with the house for hours, exclaiming, “I love it!”

She goes to sleep with a pink stuffed bulldog purse (as tacky as it sounds) held next to her face. I asked her tonight, why do you like the pink dog so much? And she said, “because ma-ma gave it to me.” It was a dog she’d seen at a consignment store and wanted, but I told her we were getting other things, and she gave it up. I went back later for other reasons, and couldn’t resist getting it for her as a surprise.

She is also charmingly brain-washable when it comes to buying things. She’ll run up excited about a toy, I’ll tell her, hm, I think it’s not a great color, maybe we shouldn’t get it, and she’ll pause and say, “yeah. Not a good color.”

I know this won’t last forever, but I’m enjoying it while I can. I can’t see myself getting excited about cars or superheroes, so we’ll have to see how it goes with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment