Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Journal Excerpt

E's stamina outlasted mine today. She only slept for one three-hour nap that passed all too quickly and was extremely vivacious the rest of the day. She seemed louder than usual. I think she just shouts when she's bored. D says I need to get her out more during these types of days and he's probably right. Instead I dozed on the floor while she played around me for most of the afternoon.

I've been trying to teach her to give things to me, as a way of instilling kindness, and now she likes to bring me plastic coffee cup lids, hair-balls and lint she picks up from the carpet, and empty wrappers. She takes it very personally if I don't actively hold these things in my hand while thanking her profusely. If I happen to drop one of them she will go after it and push it back in my hand. I used to thank her by clapping, so now when my hands are full she just sits there and applauds herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment